Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Care to Wear My Logo?


The other day, while sipping my Mocha Frappuccino at Starbucks, a middle-aged guy passed by wearing Burberry plaid pants. OMG I almost choked on the whipped cream (not to mention having coffee go through my nose) at the sight before me.

Now there's nothing wrong with wearing Burberry, in fact they're a very respected brand. But I do believe that if one decides to declare to the whole world that he/she can afford to buy luxury brands, the wearing of designer logos should only be kept to a minimum. A simple and discreet emblem or logo on a shirt is tasteful but should one decide to wear it the whole nine yards, that person is a "bloody walking ad". I guess this is a perfect example of style gone bad, extremely bad.

If you want to wear the logo then go for the bag, umbrella or scarf BUT PLEASE NOT THE WHOLE OUTFIT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

No comments: